A North Canterbury family have finally had positive news after their two family dogs were poisoned by an epilepsy drug on Friday.
The family - based in Cust - posted online saying their poodle-pomeranian crosses Bonno and Clyde were found poisoned, believing it was the result of a neighbourhood dispute.
Clyde did not survive. Bonno returned home today.
Ben Davidson of Rangiora Vet Centre, which treated the animals, said the dogs were found with nerve injury signs such not being able to control their movement, being shaky and collapsing.
"It has been a very up and down case. Very sad to lose a patient in any instance but it's pretty heartwarming to know that we've got a dog out there that's making a reasonable recovery and hopefully will eventually make a full recovery," he said.