Today's cancellation of Polyfest over Covid-19 fears could be the death knell for the event - the second year in a row it has had to be canned.
About 110,000 people normally attend the four-day school competition in dance, music, costume and cultural speech.
Organisers were told by the Ministry of Health that Polyfest was too big to trace any contacts of a confirmed case.
After being called off last year in the wake of the March 15 mosque attacks, the organisers say they were already under huge financial strain due to lost ticket sales.
Polyfest Trust Chair Greg Pierce told Checkpoint reporter Nita Blake-Persen this could be the final straw.