The buildings surrounding two classrooms at Tereora College in the Cook Islands have re-opened after a suspicious fire.
The fire was made more dangerous by levels of asbestos found in the walls and extensive air tests were carried out before the school was deemed safe again.
If inhaled, asbestos can lead to an aggressive cancer, and with many buildings in the Cook Islands containing the chemical, the recent fire has escalated fears.
A New Zealand air quality tester Stuart Keer-Keer helped with clean-up efforts and has measured asbestos on Rarotonga for four years.
He told Rosie Gordon that asbestos should be banned.