Media organisations in Vanuatu are vowing to continue to protest over a ban on coverage of a no-confidence motion that ousted the country's former Prime Minister, Edward Natapei.
On Thursday last week Vanuatu's then speaker, the current Foreign Minister George Wells, excluded the media from following the debate of the no-confidence motion and the election of a new Prime Minister.
The president of the Vanuatu Media Association, Evelyn Toa, says they have met with other organisations and are going to take the issue further, possibly to the Minister responsible for media, the new Prime Minister Sato Kilman.
She says they are at a loss for why George Wells imposed the ban.
"They should have given the access and other media organisations as well. Because Vanuatu is a democratic country, under democracy people have a right to a parliament that is open to the nation and transparent in it's conduct and business."
Evelyn Toa says the association is appealing to leaders to ensure such a ban is not ever repeated.