Displaying items 51 - 75 of 456 in total
Computer services remain offline at all Waikato DHB hospitals nearly two weeks after a ransomware cyber attack brought it all to a grinding halt.
Radiation therapy for cancer patients is likely to be back on stream at the Waikato District Health Board by the middle of next week as it starts restoring its IT services.
Confidential patient and staff information stolen in last week's ransomware cyber attack on the Waikato DHB appears to be genuine, the chief executive says.
Waikato DHB - which is still in the grip of a massive cyber attack - says its key focus is on cancer patients receiving radiation treatment, including some new patients due for their first appointment…
Staff at Waikato Hospital's Emergency Department are facing many challenges as they cope with life without any computer systems following the cyber attack on the Waikato District Health Board.
A group purporting to be responsible for the cyber attack on the Waikato District Health Board has sent an email, saying it has personal information of patients and employees.
Waikato District Health Board and the Minister of Health cannot rule out the possibility medical files have fallen into the wrong hands after last week's cyber attack.
More people will miss out on elective surgery this week at Waikato Hospital with the effect of the massive ransomware cyber attack set to continue until next week. Audio
An increase in people going to Waikato Hospital's emergency department has prompted a reminder to the public to stay away unless it is a real emergency.
Patients on elective surgery waiting lists in Waikato can expect more delays the longer a cyber attack on the region's public hospitals takes to resolve.
Waikato District Health Board says it believes it can get its computer system back up and running without having to pay a ransom after cyber hackers got into the system on Tuesday.
An 82-year-old Matamata man has been given home detention over the attempted murder of his wife in a suicide pact.
A man who spent time in the Epuni Boys' Home in the 1970s and was sexually abused, says there is evidence to suggest the man who abused him was prostituting boys.
A terminally ill man who spent time in state care and was abused says it is important that he tell his story to help stop the abuse of children continuing.
A boy of 14 sent to a bootcamp in Te Urewera in 1995 has told the Royal Commission into Abuse in Care he was violently assaulted by other boys and staff members.
A man who suffered extreme physical and psychological violence while staying at a Social Welfare-approved camp on Great Barrier Island in 1998 is now unable to work due to post traumatic stress.
Tyrone Marks first came to the attention of Social Welfare at the age of three. He was made a state ward at the age of nine and was in a number of boys' homes until 16.
A woman has told the Royal Commission into Abuse in Care about the physical and sexual abuse her parents subjected her to, and how the state did nothing to help.
Petrified young teenage boys digging their own graves and a mock execution has been outlined to the inquiry into abuse in care on Friday.
A woman who was raped by a welfare home staff member and became pregnant has outlined her ordeal before the inquiry into abuse in care.
For Gwyneth Beard, also known as Piwi, seven years of her life went missing while she was in state residential care.
A 70-year-old survivor of sexual abuse has recounted to the inquiry into Abuse in Care how the Social Welfare home she was in let her abusive father take her out, where he abused her again.
A steadfast determination to tell the truth saw a 14-year-old girl endure months of solitary confinement at a social welfare-run home in the mid 1960s.
A man who was repeatedly raped by a caregiver has told the Royal Commission on Abuse in Care social workers ignored what was going on.
Daniel Rei, who has spent many years of his life in prison, says he learnt drugs, alcohol and a casual attitude to violence in state-run boys' homes.