Two Yemenis arrested in Amsterdam on suspicion of planning a terror attack have been released, prosecutors in the Netherlands say.
An investigation failed to find any evidence against the two men, the Dutch national prosecutor's office says.
They were arrested on Monday upon arriving at Amsterdam airport on a flight from the United States after a request from US authorities.
US officials later said they did not believe the men were planning an attack, the BBC reports. It appears the two men did not know each other and were not travelling together.
One of them had earlier been stopped by airport officials on a connecting flight from Birmingham, Alabama.
He was found to be carrying $9000 in cash, and when his luggage was searched, officials found a mobile phone strapped to a medicine bottle, as well as knives and watches.
The luggage was cleared for the flight after it was not judged to be a threat but there was speculation that the chain of events could have been a dry-run for a terror attack, testing the US flight security operations.
Customs authorities say it's not uncommon for people travelling to countries like Yemen to be carrying large amounts of cash and to have valuable items bundled together.