Fiji's military rulers have denied any involvement in taking a news website offline.
The FijiLive site went down at weekend at the same time its editor was taken in for questioning over a report alleging that the Commissioner of Police had been arrested, Radio New Zealand International reports.
Fiji's permanent secretary for information Sharon Johns says lawyers advised FijiLive to take the website down, believing that it was not registered with the government.
Ms Johns says it was big misunderstanding between FijiLive and its lawyers.
The website was back online on Monday afternoon.
Police have previously warned media that they will enforce the government's media decree strictly.
The decree forbids the publication of information that the government does not view as being in the public interest.