23 Feb 2011

Decision on Crusaders match to be made tomorrow

5:58 pm on 23 February 2011

A decision on whether the Crusaders Super rugby match against the Hurricanes goes ahead won't be made until tomorrow.

The chief executive of the Canterbury Rugby Union, Hamish Riach (pron REE-ACK), says players will meet tonight to discuss whether to travel to Wellington for the game, in the wake of the Christchurch earthquake.

Meanwhile engineers have been inspecting the city's AMI stadium this afternoon.

Bryan Pearson, the chief executive of VBase, the company which manages the stadium, says the various inspections reports are being collated and the results will be released tomorrow.