Frenchman, Loic Bruni, has defended his downhill mountain bike title at the annual Crankworx event in Rotorua.
"I feel good. I changed bikes, which is a big change. I've been working a lot and training again. Starting a season with a good feeling is a good way to start," said Bruni.
"I'm definitely starting to like New Zealand and the day has been pretty good."
He bested New Zealanders George Brannigan and Brook MacDonald into second and third places respectively.
The women's race was won by America's Jill Kintner
"This whole event was no joke. Just look at the whip jump. There's a lot of demons you have to conquer here, so this one means a lot to me."
She beat out Australia's Tracey Hannah and Canada's and Casey Brown
Men's standings Crankworx Rotorua Downhill
1. Loic BRUNI (FRA) 2:38.77
2. George BRANNIGAN (NZL) 2:41.20
3. Brook MACDONALD (NZL) 2.41.96
4. Sam BLENKINSOP (NZL) 2:43.71
5. Matt WALKER (NZL) 2:44.38
Women's standings Crankworx Rotorua Downhill
1. Jill KINTNER (USA) 3:09.55
2. Tracey HANNAH (AUS) 3:14.39
3. Casey BROWN (CAN) 3:19.84
4. Emilie SIEGENTHALER (SUI) 3:20.97
5. Alanna COLUMB (NZL) 3:25.78