Aucklanders are being warned to be prepared for major congestion on the roads on Monday as an industrial dispute halts many bus services on the first day of the school term.
NZ Bus has locked out its drivers after failing to reach an employment agreement with the Combined Auckland Unions.
Among the suspended routes are 128 school bus services.
Last week's lock-out resulted in few major traffic problems but the Auckland Regional Transport Authority's spokesperson Sharon Hunter says that's unlikely to happen on Monday.
She says there's likely to be more congestion and traffic on Monday and people should allow for that in travelling to work and school.
Ms Hunter says there are some skeleton services running and routes operated by other bus companies will run as normal.