Hundreds of people have left messages of support for broadcaster Susan Wood after her family confirmed she is recovering from a serious head injury received in a fall.
In statement issued yesterday her sons, Alex and Matt, said the accident happened on January 10 and the Q+A host was now in rehabilitation.
They said she had been discharged from Auckland Hospital and thanked the staff there before saying no further comment would be made.
Wood's fans, however, have taken to social media to express their best wishes.
TVNZ's Facebook page has been inundated with hundreds of messages urging Wood to a full recovery.
Rae Stafford wrote: "Susan you came to Matangi many years ago and you spoke to an elderly lady at a private pub there. What you didn't know was she was very ill at the time and you spent several minutes passing the time of day with her and you made her day. She died within a very short time of your visit but what you don't realize is how much you gave by just spending time with a stranger. Get well soon."
While Sylvia Jennings said: "Susan...fight hard...we all know you have the strength to do the work you need to do to get back on form....take care....hope to see you back on the airwaves and on Sunday soon...thoughts, hugs and good wishes come to you and all your family and friends."
Heather Dawson said Wood was a "legend".