Kiwi Cover Song
We want to hear your version of a kiwi song!
You have til November 1st 2020. Send us your song via MP3.
Send your entries to email@example.com - make sure you write KIWI COVER SONG in the subject line.
Please provide some information about yourself or your band
This competition is open to ANYONE, professional or amateur.
The winner gets to perform their song on Afternoons with Jesse Mulligan in our Auckland, Wellington or Christchurch studio.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
Entries must be in to us by 11.59pm Sunday 1st November 2020.
Entrants must be New Zealand residents.
Each entry will consist of:
- 1 MP3 file of the song,
- The song title and names of the original performer/s and song writer/s
- the names of the performers
- a recent photograph of the entrant/band
- You may be asked to provide additional information or material
By submitting an entry, the performer/s each agree to their performance being recorded, copied, broadcast and published by RNZ.
The Judges decision is final. No correspondence will be entered in to.
Copyrights and permissions:
The performers retain their rights in their performance and their recording of it.
- If anyone involved with the entry is signed to a record label you must clear your participation with them prior to entering.
The composer/s retain their rights in their composition.
The winning cover song:
The winning performer/s will be invited to perform the song for recording and broadcast by RNZ.
The winners agree to be photographed by RNZ, or to provide a suitable photo, for RNZ's use alongside this event.
RNZ may ask to video the RNZ performance.
- RNZ will provide the premiere broadcast and publication of the finished recording. RNZ will retain the non-exclusive use of the RNZ recording across RNZ-branded platforms.
- Following the RNZ premiere, The performer/s can use the RNZ sound recording across any platforms in any format worldwide, and may monitise the recording.
- The performer/s agree to include credits for RNZ and the song's composer/s in all use they make of the RNZ recording. The wording of this will be agreed prior to the song’s release.
- The performer/s are responsible for clearing all rights in their use of the recording, including but not limited to music publishing.
- Likewise, RNZ is responsible for clearing all rights related to its use of the recording.
- RNZ does not claim any income or monies from the performer's use of the RNZ recording, and will not be involved in any financial transactions or accounting.
- RNZ will not provide art work, physical production, marketing, sales or distribution of the recording.