The Ministry of Health in Fiji will reassess the duration of a Public Health Emergency declared on the village of Nanoko, next week.
The Health spokesperson, Peni Namotu, says ten new suspected cases of the disease were reported last week in Nanoko and settlements surrounding the village.
A Public Health Emergency - monitored by the police and military officers - was put in place in Nanoko on Monday, banning all mass gatherings and restricting the movement of villagers to other areas for 30 days.
Mr Namotu says the test results of those suspected of having the disease will be available next week.
"If the number of cases decreases, then we will lift the Public Health Emergency. But otherwise it will remain up until January 12th."
Mr Namotu says as of October this year, there have been 39 reported cases of typhoid in Fiji.
About ten are suspected cases, and the remainder have tested positive for the disease.