The search for three Tokelauan teenagers missing at sea since last week has been suspended unless new information surfaces.
The boys, two aged 15 and one aged 14 have been missing from Atafu Atoll since early last Wednesday morning after taking an aluminium boat into the open sea.
Ross Henderson from the Rescue Coordination Centre in New Zealand says it is confident it has covered all the possible places the teenagers could've traveled.
"This has been a very extensive search. We've covered more than 21 thousand square kilometres both by sea and air. We've also had local people heavily involved in the search, searching around the islands where the boys went missing. So we've done a lot of work, also in search mapping, to take in a large area. So we're confident that we've covered as much as we can."
Ross Henderson says the locals vessels involved have also stopped searching.