- 2 cups self-raising flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 large cloves NZ garlic, crushed
- 3 tablespoons finely chopped parsley
- 50g chilled butter, chopped
- 1 cup grated tasty cheddar cheese
- 3/4 – 1 cup milk
Preheat the oven to 200°C. Line a baking tray with baking paper.
Sift the flour and salt into a bowl. Stir in the garlic and parsley, until evenly dispersed.
Rub in the butter, then add the cheese. Add enough milk to make a soft dough. Turn onto a lightly floured board and knead lightly.
Pat out into a 3cm thick round. Cut into 8 wedges. Place on the baking tray leaving a small gap between each wedge. Brush the tops with a little milk.
Bake for about 15 minutes, until golden and cooked.